Tofino Tourist Attractions
Tofino Tourist Attractions – A small district on Vancouver Island, Tofino is off the west coast of Canada. It sits on a peninsula within Clayoquot Sound which characterized by wild natural scenery including ancient rain forest, lakes, and inlets. Sandy beaches with some year-round surfing facilities encompass Cox Bay, popular Long Beach and Chesterman Beach, piece of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. The relaxed town of Tofino is located on the ti of peninsula. Here’s an overview of best tourist attractions in Tofino:
1. Tuff City Bike Skills ParkSituated at the top of Arnet Road, off the Tofino Community Hall, the newest recreational attraction of Tofino for all ages is a top of the line bike skills park which open to the public year round. Please remember to take a helmet with you.
2. Tofino Botanical GardensYou may expect the unexpected as you stroll toward the Tofino Mudflats, check out the playful art installations including a vintage Volkswagen and come to the displays of the Rain coast Interpretive Center.
3. The Eagle Aerie GalleryEnter the landmark of Tofino, fashioned as a Northwest Beach longhouse, and experience a sense of calm. The colourful art of artist of Canada Roy Henry Vickers speaks for itself. You may even encounter the artist on one of his frequent comeback to Tofino for inspirational and soul stirring storytelling.
4. The Village Green & Tuff City Skate ParkThis is the location of unofficial town centre, where skateboarders of all ages improve their skills, children can play freely, and picnics are enjoyed with scenery of the sound of seaplanes going by and the coastal mountains.
5. The 3rd Street LookoutThis is a small green space which is located on Main Street at the intersection of 3rd Street is a perfect place to relax while seeing action on the working harbour of Tofino, under the anchor watch from the Lord Western.
6. Gibson GardensKen Gibson has spent more than 30 years to collect and plant more than 1,000 varieties of rhododendrons on his residential wealth, situated up 4th Street at Gibson Street. Way up, look up, at this fascinating flowered hill, which blooms in early spring, and peaks in early summer.
7. The Ucluelet AquariumGet a drive down the Pacific Rim Highway to the neighbouring Ucluelet to this new fun facility. Get introduced ,hands on, with the local marine life, and released back into their Barkley Sound home waters when the Aquarium shuts its doors for the season every October.
8. Hot Springs CoveThese natural untouched hot springs becomes a memorable day trip from Tofino to Flores Island. You can get there by seaplane in about 20 minutes or by boat about in a little over an hour, walk the 1.5 kilometre/93 mile boardwalk, and soak in the 7 successive from hot to cooler geothermal hot spring pools. There are stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and cascading waterfall.
9. Tofino Brewing CompanyTofino has its own fine brewery, crafting originals such as the seasonal Dawn Patrol Coffee Porter and the Tuff Session Ale. Bring your own reusable glass Growler which can be filled up with a whopping 64 oz or 1.89 L of your favourite beer and continously never tasted so good. Come to our friendly brewers on the Industrial Way and sample what everyone’s talking about.
10. Tofino SurfingTofino is famous for their great waves and long stretches of beaches, so sort out a surfboard and wet suit and get out on the water. There are a bunch of distinct surf schools in the town who are able to start you off with a lesson, and as you make progress and feel more comfortable, you can just hire the surf and gear whenever you like. The water is freezing, however the thick wet suits will provide you warmth and after a while, you will completely forget about getting cold. Be sure to wake up early to catch a wave which wakes you up faster than having a cup of coffee and get the best feeling in the world.